Friday, October 1, 2021

Every Kid, Having Resources, They Need

 "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do"  Albert Schweitzer

Each day I am given the opportunity to show kindness without expecting anything back.  With that in mind Choose To Care(CTC), the organization's whose mission is to provide a brand new pair of shoes for the child in need; makes an effort to assist in creating a world where every child is empowered to thrive.

I am proud to give to Donors Choose(donors choose.org), the nonprofit that has supported teachers and students since 2000 with resources they need. CTC sponsors a public school project from teachers requesting shoes of all kind for their students in need, each month.

The month of October has taken us to Mr. Rivas, who teaches Grades 6-8 at Paul Revere Middle School, Houston, Texas.  This teacher, wanted "to spread some sense of relief from the daily hardship that many of our less fortunate families face" Mr. Rivas is seeking soccer shoes for his students so that they will be able to compete with other schools and according to him, this will give them a sense of equal opportunity and may make a difference in the direction one takes in life.

Thanks for your support, for stepping up courageously to help CTC's mission.  And while we are on a roll, let's do our part to protect our planet.

Yours in Service!


No comments: