Thursday, September 15, 2022

Feeding Their Soles(Souls)

"When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy" Rumi

We cannot miss the frequent news stories of migrants who have arrived by bus to New York City and elsewhere.  They wore their journeys on their faces, tired and looking forlorn.  The more I think about their plight, the more I see triumph.  I, the storyteller, dug deep into their lives to bring HOPE to the forefront, even if only a sprinkle.  I have let great expectations rule supreme; even if only in my imagination.  This may not have been the way they wanted to arrive but nevertheless, here they are. This sets them on the road for the possibilities that are ahead.

The request came from a local shelter that is overwhelmed, as I knew they would, with the influx of families and limited or lack of supplies to meet their needs. They asked for black pairs of shoes so that the children can attend school.

Choose To Care (CTC) stepped up to give a helping hand to lighten their load, even if only a drop. The children's soles have been fed.  They will receive a brand new pair of shoes.  I rejoice in the fulfillment of CTC's mission and how essential it is for me to live a life of service.  I also marvel how each and every time, the simple gift of a brand new pair of shoes, given to someone in need, brings so much heartwarming and magical moments to the soul.

The children I hope will seize their chance for a better education and feel stronger and more fortified, each and every day; as they continue on a meaningful and joyful journey. I am sure with time they will grasp the value of the communities that have embraced them and they will one day utter these words from Maya Angelou: "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one before."

Thanks for being part of the CTC family. Together we are creating a better world, one brand new pair of shoes at a time. We are on a mission to deliver hope, health and happiness to those who need it most.

Peace!


No comments: