There are clever ways to reduce waste, she tells them and shares some of CHOOSE TO CARE's game plan for going green:
- Don't keep the pipe running while brushing your teeth, water wasted
- Lay off using straws for drinks, the plastic goes to the landfill
- Serve smaller portions to avoid food waste
- Ditch the plastic bag for a cloth bag at the grocery
- Use the garbage bins to discard of rubbish
Anyone who has joined our shoe distribution event will come away with a package that:
- Pleads with people of the earth to be aware of their surroundings
- Makes you aware that caring for the earth transforms both materials and lives
- Says it is possible to make treasure from trash
- Lets us know that we are responsible to spread the word to others about saving the earth
- Wants you to increase your vocabulary with RECYCLE, REPURPOSE and RENEW
Denisse says, "When I think of the Machu Picchu's fresh air that caresses your face while giving you a peaceful state of mind, I know how important it is to save the earth. There are things that are priceless that only mother nature can provide us with. We must take care to maintain the beauty of the wonders of the world so our future generation can enjoy what we have now."
I enjoy being part of CHOOSE TO CARE because it is important to give back to our community and no matter how big or small your gift is, you should give it with love.
Yes, Denisse, you have hit it on the head, if each of us do our part, small or big, our stewardship will make a difference in our communities.