What saddened face you make
Let's meet your soul
It is tapping away
Listen, it says, fetch me
Lest I get stifled
Will you heed its plea?
You have kept it in hiding
Your soul is yearning
Go deeper, let me show you where
Be quiet, I hear a faint voice
Now did you hear it?
It is stronger! I am coming, it is saying
Trapped so long, I am slowly making my way
Surrender, your soul has been released
And dullness turned to brightness
Jubilant, Jovial, Joyful
The tide has turned
A true believer has been conquered
BRAWTA(from the bitter-sweet series)
- It is as if a "fairy godmother" appeared, recognized the sadness and gave a helping hand.Can you tell of a moment when someone did the same for you?
- There is reference to the soul as being buried - Explain
- What lines indicate that it was not an easy passage to find the soul?
- The command to surrender is the Poet's way of asking to remove the fear - when have you let fear hinder you?
- Make Me A Believer is the title - Interpret