And the butterflies came too
Shaken, she nervously entered the unknown
Poised but trembling
She faced her judges
Still unsure of the reason
For this masquerade
"Where is this leading?" she wondered
As she rode out the small talks with fear
And out of nowhere they dropped
The the dreaded words
"You are not needed anymore"
Taken off guard she stuttered a little
But quickly recovered
"Is this it?" she muttered in dismay
As she looked on stunned
Lips were moving, words were spoken
But she knew not what was said
"Am I deserving of this?"
"Am I deserving of this?" she repeated
No one replied, they only stared in silence
And she moved away in disbelief
SURRENDERED REMOVED VOIDED
And soon after
(Brawta: From the Bitter&Sweet series)
Questions To Ponder
- The butterflies came - what is the Poet referring to?
- The word RECOVERED was used twice - what is the significance each time?
- "Lips were moving, words were spoken" - Imagine what these words were?
- The poem ended with words describing: A sad finale and a joyful rebirth - use other words that would give the same effect
- Throughout the Poet presented a moving story of someone going through troubling times -think about a time when you were faced with a similar circumstance and how did you ride out the storm?
- Your interpretation of the title's message "Flipping The Storm"