With calm spirit and warm heart
Triumphantly awakens at the break of dawn
To face another day
And no one knows the pain she bears
And as she makes her presence known
Her kind words melt your soul
With a smile that spreads wide
She lights up the skies
Grabbed by her invigorating mood
You are pulled to adjust your ways
So you too may see the goodness of the day
When darkness dares to seep in
She shines a light its way
As if to say "you can't linger here"
Her good deeds soar and catch you may
It's free for the world, you need not pay
HUMBLE Jamie filled with gratitude
Has figured it out
Spreading Joy has made her journey
A worthwhile ride
BRAWTA (from: The Jump For Joy Series)
- It seems that the Poet intentionally inserted the line, "And no one knows the pain she bears"
What does this tell you about Jamie?
- What does darkness refer to?
- Explain: "she shines a light its way"
- Another word for journey as it is used here
- What message(s) have you gathered from this poem?