Simone is in a dark place
Pushed to the side
On far too many occasions.
Ignored while plans are made
Then presented with
"This is what we are thinking."
But the deal has already been sealed
And Simone knows that her opinion
does not count.
Yesterday was a bleak and dreary day
She had HOPES that today
Would end in a better way.
There is time yet, as morning
Lingers into noon
But as the end draws soon
Simone knows she has lost this bet
Today somber mood and dark clouds
Another tempestuous being has arrived
Simone quickly derived.
What a clueless way to live, she thought
Each and every resident that entered
Has not learned what the sensible
That kindness, fairness,acceptance
Always set a better tone.
So even if you are broken
And every word you have spoken
Is shoved aside as if meaningless,
You must never surrender nor digress
From the path of steadfastness.
For down that road awaits you
All the goodness you are due.
So Simone, Simone, even though you are feeling
Someday, this senseless act will boldly say
- The poem is called "Squeezed" What comes to mind with such a title?
- Simone is in a dark place, the verse begins. Think about a time you were in a dark place and how did you escape?
- What word indicates that Simone has not given up?
- There is mention of the zone, to what is the author referring?
- What goodness may await anyone who travels down the path of "steadfastness"?
- There is a promise that Someday things will get better, is this too far-fetched, how long should Simone wait?
- Put yourself in Simone shoes while she is waiting for this selfish act of squeezing to end, what else would you do?